Tuesday, January 27, 2009

La Bomba

Sun, check! Humidity, check! Giant outdoor drum concert, check! The other night I went to this huge drum show that felt like a big street party. A group of people from my hostel all went together and waited in line for this show for probably 40 min while men in trippy masks handed out candy and after party fliers. The venue was outside and had liters of beer, empanadas and a kick ass show. Everyone was dancing and loving life, it was pretty awesome.

The other night I also went to celebrate Australian Day in the middle of some park. Our directions included only a subway stop, the park name and to look for a flying Australian flag. We eventually found it, but after only an hour police came running over blowing their whistles saying the park was closed. So I guess in Aussie style, a zinc nosed Australian responded by streaking thru the park with a blow up pink guitar. Pretty funny.

I'm still loving Buenos Aires and am sad to leave my hostel buddies. But tomorrow morning I'm heading to the glaciers of Patagonia! I'm going to a town called Calafate, then i'll do some trekking at the base of the Fitz Roy mountains, then up to Bariloche with the whiskey wielding St. Bernard's, mountains views and amazing night life. I'll update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment